Wednesday 13 November 2013

Welcome to my blog!!

Hi there!! my name is Jen, and this is my first blog post EVER!! Although I've created this blog for a course I'm taking that's related to Social Media, I have actually been thinking about creating a blog for quite a while now...this just gave me the excuse to finally get off of my butt and do it :)

Here you will find photos I've taken around Ottawa, as well as a few other places I've visited.  I might also post links to things that interest me...I hope they interest you too!!

To get started, here are a few pics that I took last summer just doing a tour around downtown Ottawa. I've lived here for 38 years now, and I definitely consider it my hometown. It's a beautiful city, I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed taking them :)

A few photos of the War Memorial (or Cenotaph) located in downtown Ottawa









 The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier





 Parliament Hill








The National Gallery



The Three Watchmen

The Peacekeeper's Memorial



And just for fun, a pic of my cats ;)
(I couldn't resist...lol)


This is just the beginning!! I have lots of photos that have just been sitting around in folders I've been waiting to show off.  I'll be back shortly :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice pics! Keep up the great work! Wanna date sometime? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and don't you think your girlfriend would get a little jealous??

      Delete
  2. These are lovely. I have pretty much the same photo of the Spider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! I've seen lots of photos of the Spider, it's such a cool piece of art :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new blog, Jen! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete